8 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for performing structural analysis, using finite element methods and hand calculations. You will be assigned structural analysis tasks that may include structural sizing for primary and secondary structure, non-conformance evaluations, mass trade studies, test analysis, model correlation, and conceptual level studies
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Support the development of primary and secondary flight structures for the Dream Chaser Cargo System through structural analysis, using both finite element methods and hand calculations.
* Proficiency with FEMAP/NASTRAN analysis tools and methods
* Familiarity with fiber reinforced polymer composites analysis including classical laminate theory and finite element modeling techniques is required.
* The analysts will work with test engineers to develop full-scale test conditions that successfully envelop flight conditions for critical failure modes.
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Static test analysis and test correlation
* Laminate optimization
* Dynamic loads analysis
* Development and application of spacecraft and aircraft loads and environments
* Familiarity with progressive failure analysis and damage tolerance
* Familiarity with NASA and/or FAA structural analysis standards
* Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* Must have 6+ years related experience.
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.