9 months ago
This is an hourly, non-exempt Engineering Department position. This position requires extensive knowledge of aircraft regulations and systems. Preparation of certification documents and engineering drawings to support company projects is required. Job duties will vary each day and will encompass projects as designated by the Engineering Program Manager. Will be required to work independently and to be involved in multiple projects at the same time. Sound engineering judgment and unfailing integrity are a must. Will have some direct customer contact. Assisting Team Leaders and technicians in support of program and customer contact are critical. Development of new projects in conjunction with management is a priority.
- Technical and engineering assistance to Team Leaders and technicians.
- Issuing FAA approval of West Star Aviation drawings and documents, as appropriate and under the discretion of the appropriate Aircraft Certification Office.
- Performing engineering analysis relative to the assigned engineering discipline.
- Perform engineering analysis of data in support of Field Approvals and STC projects.
- Creating and submitting engineering drawings and illustrations on CAD/Solidworks software.
- Creating and submitting engineering documents using word processing software.
- Assist with FAA certification aspects of Engineering Department functions.
- Maintaining customer schedules and work quality.
- Work independently on projects as assigned.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two semesters of CAD coursework preferable.
- Two-year technical degree or at least 60 hours of college level technical course work with equivalent work experience in a related field are required.
- 3 years AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks or related CAD software experience required (including CAD coursework).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with aircraft maintenance and repair helpful.
- Experience writing engineering reports and/or technical papers
- Experience in customer support, including technical support desired.
- Experience performing data analysis and substantiation in primary engineering discipline
- FAA certification processes and paperwork experience
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete assigned tasks at a rapid pace.
- Able to complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Assure that interactions with team members remain positive and productive.
- Assure that interactions with customers remain positive and productive.
- Able to pay great attention to detail.
- Assure that projects are well organized and complete on schedule.
- Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Must follow all company and safety rules while performing duties.
- Approve data as being adequate, for West Star Aviation.
- Support the work of multiple projects.
- Assist shop members in daily operations and duties.
- Completion of FAA paperwork.
- Must have a working knowledge of West Star quality and engineering policies.
- Maintain customer oriented work habits.
- Initiate daily contact with Team Leaders at the assigned aircraft or project site.
- Quality and Engineering Department personnel.
- Team Leaders and Lead Technicians on assigned aircraft / project.
- Managers and company officers.
- Customers and outside vendors.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs on occasion.
- Advanced personal computer operations.
- Varied positions in and around an aircraft, including tight quarters
- Able to bend, reach and stoop.
- Sit at desk and/or computer for extended intervals.
- Walking of short distances routinely.
- Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot or evaluate system operation.
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to understand, implement and interpret the Federal Aviation Regulations and West Star Aviation written policies.
Capable of reading and understanding technical data relating to the engineering aspects of aircraft maintenance and certification.
Posses competent technical writing skills.
- Posses the math skills required to perform engineering analysis.
- Ability to analyze new information and draw correct conclusions.
- Ability to coordinate projects.
- Ability to work in teams.
- High level of math and technical writing skills.
- Able to efficiently run CAD, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- The majority of work will be accomplished in an office environment.
- Occasional work in outside conditions may be required.
- Varied positions in and around the aircraft in aircraft hangar environments.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Office equipment such as company computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Measurement devices such as calipers and micrometers.
Equipment used for physical testing such as mechanical load testing.