5 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
In this role, you will primarily lead secondary structures development. You will help develop requirements and mechanical interface control drawings/documents for these installations. You will lead conceptual, preliminary and critical design reviews. You will perform detailed design of primary and secondary flight structures, design of GSE test hardware, design review planning and execution, test planning and coordination, and non-conformance evaluation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Support the development of the structural subsystems for the Dream Chaser Cargo System. Responsibilities will include design, analysis, production, testing, and integration of development and flight hardware.
* Familiarity with fiber reinforced polymer composites design is required.
* Ability to manage and execute on structural design tasks from concept to product implementation
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* NX CAD and Advanced CAD surfacing techniques
* Design for manufacturing
* Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Designing for spacecraft loads and environments
* Familiarity with NASA and/or FAA structural design standards
* Model based machining standards
* Sheet metal part design
* Work within integrated, multi-discipline teams
* Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* Typical experience 3+ years’ experience.
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams.
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC's Responsibility Matrix
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.