FPS Aviation are currently seeking Stress engineers for a role with a leading aerospace client in Scotland on a 3 month contract.
Excellent rates on offer.
To undertake all aspects of Stress Engineering tasks related to design, development, test, production, certification and in-service support of Aircraft projects, on time, to cost and to a high level of technical quality.
Key Responsibility Areas
1) Ensure the structural integrity of the Company's products by performing calculations of high technical quality and accuracy, leading to the compilation of a record of calculations for certification purposes.
2) Produce evidence (calculations, test reports, inspection reports) showing compliance with airworthiness requirements for new designs or modifications, as agreed with the Compliance Verification Engineer assigned to the task.
3) Compile technical reports, to be approved by the Chief Structures Engineer, summarising the results of analysis or other investigations.
4) Answer structural technical queries (for example from Design or Airworthiness) quickly and accurately.
5) Ensure the accomplishment of set tasks within agreed budgets and timescales.
6) Develop personal training and development plan, in conjunction with the Chief Structures Engineer and local line manager.