over 2 years ago
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will work closely with AAR business units and customers to understand and help resolve supply chain issues and improve operational and financial performance. This position will report to the Director of Aviation Supply Chain. The SSA will be responsible for fostering positive working relationships in order to find meaningful results for the sourcing team.
Support strategic sourcing/ contract pricing initiatives and/or inventory optimization for aviation parts and supply chain programs.
Perform hypothesis based analysis on existing data to identify potential cost saving opportunities and improve operational performance.
Formulate and foster innovative ideas using existing data sets, combined with "to be attained" business knowledge.
Design, document, develop and set parameters into software solutions. Develop relationships with suppliers to gain insights into the supply market.
Routinely report on stakeholder performance to ensure contract compliance and cost control.
Gain in-depth knowledge and strictly comply with all government and commercial regulations related to contract pricing.
Will present findings in a clear concise manner to senior management.
Candidate must possess:
• Have a B.S. Degree in finance, engineering or supply chain management
• Have a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
• Demonstrate business aptitude, ability to rapidly learn and analytical skills
• Be highly proficient in MS Excel and Access
Candidates would ideally have:
• Theoretical and practical experience in forecasting & inventory optimization
• Moderate to advanced proficiency with SQL, PL/SQL, and VBA
• Familiarity with database management systems such as MS SQL Server and Oracle
• Experience with commercial software (i.e., Statistical, Proposal Pricing, Inventory modeling & sourcing software such as Trade Extensions, Bravo Solutions, Ariba, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran