5 months ago
Strategic Planning Analyst, CF-188 PAV OWSS
Join us in “Taking It Further”!
Are you looking for a challenging and innovative environment where you can make a difference? Are you passionate about aeronautics?
We have the opportunity for you!
L3 MAS, located in Mirabel (QC) is a subsidiary of L3 Technologies.
For over 30 years, L3 MAS has carried out the repair, maintenance, and modernization of the Canadian fighter jets, the CF-18s. Thanks to our technical expertise developed over time and our passionate employees, L3 MAS has developed innovative and personalized solutions for the in-service support contracts of the Canadian government’s aircraft fleets such as the CH-148 Cyclone and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, and the CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310) aircraft. Our technical expertise also includes the repair and overhaul of aircraft components, first and third line aircraft maintenance, the design and manufacturing of aircraft parts for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and state-of-the-art technical publication solutions.
Choosing L3 MAS, it's being part of multidisciplinary work teams, it’s joining one of the major in-service support providers for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and it’s being part of an organization whose values – integrity, passion, respect, and balance – are at the heart of our daily actions. Join us in “Taking It Further"!Your role:
The CF-188 PAV OWSS Strategic planning analyst main role and responsibility is to provide technical and strategic planning assistance and support to DND on special ad hoc projects as requested by DAEPM (FT) 2 (or delegates), support to the L-3 MAS CF-188 PAV OWSS LCMMs and act as the primary liaison point between DND personnel and the L-3 MAS OWSS Off-Site Team at NDHQ in Gatineau for subject ad hoc projects. The analyst will report to the Director of CF-188 Hornet and CT-114 Programs.
1. Provide technical and strategic support to DAEPM (FT) 2 (or delegates) on ad hoc projects and analysis;
* Be cognizant of the customer’s strategic position with respect to operational needs and commitments, the dynamic situation in view of the customer’s mandates (NATO, NORAD etc) and its challenges.
* Gain a Strategic understanding of the key issues and contribute positively to finding solutions in close collaboration with the Client. Represent the Client’s interests within L-3 MAS.
* Provide DND with all the documents in order for them to perform an impact analysis (IA) in a timely manner, so that the client has time to consider any proposed changes to the document prior to publishing.
* Provide the DAEPM (FT) 2 team with preliminary results to help quickly assess a situation.
* Perform in-house analysis and tasking as required using the existing tools and applications.
* Develop solutions and proposed course of action.
* Identify potential areas for improvement and improvement targets.
* Provide interpretation of technical reports as required.
* Participate in meetings and serve as strategic planning analyst.
2. Support the L-3 MAS Life Cycle Materiel Managers (LCMM) and support team as required;
* Ensure coordination of all deliverable activities within the L-3 MAS LCMM group related to the AOP.
* Gather all pertinent background information to clearly document new requirements, the priority level and a target date to complete the required work.
* Develop and implement processes to ensure the efficient realization of the deliverables that are under L-3 MAS responsibility.
* Establish communication and stakeholder management process to ensure the efficient and timely coordination of all R&O activities and deliverables.
* Identify areas for improvement and coordination requirements for the effective delivery of the OWSS mandate.
3. Participate in all PRMs:
* Attend training/User group meetings as required.
* Animate and facilitate meeting and working group concerning forecast analysis, problem resolution and potential issue management with the client.
* Secondary school diploma required;
* Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant aeronautical field experience is required;
* Knowledge and minimum experience of program management is required ;
* To be eligible or to obtain an Industrial Security Clearance to the level of NATO Secret is required;
* Knowledge and experience of the CF-188 aircraft will be considered first;
* Bilingualism is an asset (French, English) ;
* Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
* Following skills are required: autonomy, judgment, integrity, reliability and discretion.
Operational requirements :
* Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
* Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
* Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
At L3 MAS, we care about the principles of employment equity and we encourage Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities that qualify to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 MAS