5 months ago
About the role:
As one of our Store Persons at our site in Heston near London Heathrow Airport, UK Airports Airport, you will be responsible for stock taking, receiving deliveries, checking, storing, moving, recording and issuing food and other items. As a Store Person, you will also be accountable for operating pallet trucks and FLT safely and as instructed, ensuring inventory systems are complied with, through good organisation and ensuring that stock rotation occurs, and with a strong focus on quality and consistency whilst working to tight deadlines.
You will be working in a variety of environments both chilled and below zero but will be provided with the appropriate equipment and clothing
This role is a flexi contract whereby you will be required to work at such times and for such periods as may be applicable to each assignment, including early and late shifts. Whilst on shift you will receive free meals.
As a Store Person
* You must have flexible and enthusiastic approach to work and enjoy working as part of team in a fast moving environment where deadlines are tight to ensure that flights depart on time.
* You should have at least one year’s experience within a warehouse or stores environment.
* A full, UK driving licence is desirable as you may be required to drive a small company vehicle from time to time but it is not essential.
* Experience driving a fork-lift vehicle is desirable but not essential.
* The nature of the role requires a lot of lifting, bending and stretching.
* Basic Numerical and checking skills are essential for this role and will be tested for at interview stage.
Before you are able to commence employment we will carry out a full 5 year background and criminal records check on all successful applicants which can take up to 4 weeks to complete.
Alpha LSG Ltd are a global provider of managed services. We provide inflight catering and retail products to a variety of leading airlines. Throughout our 17 locations we cater more than 440 flights per day and service more airline customers (75+) than anyone else in the UK.