MPI have a contract vacancy for a Stores Person for our aviation based customer based at Stansted Airport.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multi task is essential.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department
· Issuing tooling, consumable and rotable aircraft parts to engineers.
· Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures.
· Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards.
· Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods.
· Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration.
· Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files.
· The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental regulations
· Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation.
· To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost.
· Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers.
· Driving of company vehicles.
· Out of hours working if and when required
Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a purchasing environment
· Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office.
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· Full Clean UK Driving Licence – due to location
· Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a logistics environment (Preferably in the aviation industry).
· Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection and be conversant in aerospace trace documentation
· Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Full Clean UK Driving License.
· Current counterbalance license.
Must have use of own vehicle (due to limited public transport in the area)
Contract to start ASAP
3 Months – 4 Months
Monday – Friday 08.00 am – 16.30pm
Candidates must have use of own vehicle (due to limited public transport in the area)