3 months ago
Staff Systems Engineer
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 06/11/City Sterling
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a Senior Systems Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Trains less experienced employees, applies expert knowledge to issues, and creates common work practices.
• Manages overall project requirements, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines for large or complex projects.
• Coordinates control engineering, industrial engineering, organizational studies, and project management.
• Monitors budgets, cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and make recommendations to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met.
• Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for large or complex projects.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization’s systems products and services.
• Provides analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and makes recommendations for the generation of verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
• Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics.
• Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs architectural exploration.
• Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelors degree in STEM or related program with over 8 years' of professional experience
* US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
* Knowledge of Collins Aerospace engineering processes, techniques, and tools
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.