9 months ago
Staff Internal Auditor
10 months ago(5/2/2018 7:35 PM)
# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
The position will focus on the conducting of operational and financial risk-based audits. The position will report directly to the Director, Internal Audit (IA), indirectly to the Vice President of IA, and will assist with the planning, execution, and reporting of internal audits as required.
* Assist Director, Internal Audit with developing strategies to improve internal controls and minimize risk.
* Assist with the execution of financial, operational or other audits and special projects as required.
* Survey the function or activities to be audited and prepare detailed process flows, meeting minutes and audit programs for use in performing the audit, including both tests of controls and substantive testing.
* Keep IA Management informed of the status of audits in progress and any potential problems or significant audit findings as they arise.
* Prepare a list of audit issues throughout the audit and constructively discuss with local management to validate each issue and begin developing a plan for remediation.
* Prepare consolidated written documentation of all audit issues to local management during the closing meeting on the last day of fieldwork.
* Prepare a draft of the audit report and send to local management for documenting their action plan to address each issue.
* Contribute to IA Management strategy to develop, sustain and continuously enhance the image and perceived value of the IA within the Company.
* Assist with all activities related to Section 404 certification including:
* Risk Assessment
* Control Documentation and Remediation
* Control Design
* Testing of Operating Effectiveness
* Policies and Procedures
* Constructively work with management to identify areas for improvement, collectively agree upon appropriate corrective actions, facilitate remediation efforts, and monitor progress to ensure that the Company is timely addressing and remediating significant deficiencies and/or material weaknesses.
* Work with the Director, as assigned, to assist key executives in documenting both existing and newly created policies and procedures using established Company standards.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate testing strategies and test plans to enable management to assess the operating effectiveness of key controls over financial reporting.
* Assist with the administration of the Company’s SOX compliance program and various education efforts related to SOX 404, internal controls and fraud risk management.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
* CPA or CIA certificate desirable; MBA a plus.
* Green Belt and/or Belt Belt certification preferred
* Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in corporate audit, and/or public accounting.
* Sound track record of accomplishment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a faced paced environment, and a proactive approach to problem-solving and the overall execution of job responsibilities are all essential qualities necessary to be successful in this position.
* Solid, working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate to advanced level.
* Experience testing and evaluating internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, particularly Section 404.
* Knowledge of COSO Integrated Frameworks for Internal Control and ERM.
* Systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance process.
* Experience building data analytic procedures and using them on audit or investigative initiatives. Familiarity with ACL, IDEA, Tableau, etc. desirable but not required.
* Ability to manage small projects successfully.
* A team player and ability to interact with all levels within the company.
* Ability to travel approximately 10% is required.