4 months ago
As part of GE Digital, supporting GE Aviation (GEA), the Staff Enterprise Application Engineer will be responsible for Model Based Enterprise (MBE) tool and process implementation for Military usage in the collateral and K5 areas as well as support and sustainment in the military areas.
This role will be responsible for creating strong working relationships & influence with users and first level leadership within engineering, military, and other functional groups to ensure high performance of Aviation Military MBE platforms to meet the needs of the business. The role will be responsible for platform excellence of MBE tools and availability, with duties including MBE architecture, project reviews, execution and closure for work related to production Aviation MBE processes and tools. In this role, the majority of time will be spent in the collateral & K5 areas so the ability to gain necessary clearance will be required.
In this role, you will:
* Design and implement MBE tools and processes for the specific needs of the isolated military environments
* Comunicate priorities of development work and resource allocation for Military platforms
* Function as primary on-site point of contact for MBE Military platforms
* Provide communication with first line leadership and manage support of escalations for MBE Military platforms
* Coordinate with SDS/Business team support and sustainment resources for releases, upgrades & changes, break/fix tickets, and escalations
* Coordinate support escalations of critical production issues from Command Center, L3 and L2 for Military and Commercial platforms
* Lead effort to keep Production up and running with minimum down time for Aviation MBE Military platforms
* Provide input for budgets and contracts associated with program(s) and initiative(s)
,li>Manage list of top user pain points and ensure mitigation plans are implemented accordingly
* Work as a Digital Technology Partner with business leaders and users to evaluate and improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions
* Coordinate activities of project team resources to support and deliver solutions relating to the MBE Military programs and initiatives
* Create and maintain effective working relationships with peers and vendors to integrate the program area into the strategic objectives and activities of the organization
* Coordinate program support activities, including communications, roadmaps, benchmarks, and training plans
* Maintain up to date knowledge of technology trends and standards and work as a partner to promote their use
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent work experience
* A minimum of 5 years of experience along with established skills in CAD/MBE, IT, and Software Development for Engineering, or 3+ years with a Master's Degree
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Ability to obtain GE Security Clearance (preferred existing clearance) and ability to gain higher level clearance to support new programs
* Strong experience developing and implementing CAD/MBE Engineering software within the Teamcenter PLM system, and application integrations
* Strong knowledge of Agile management principals with ability to manage break/fix queues and product backlog based on product owner prioritization
* Strong Engineering/Product Definition process, design and modeling background using the NX platform
* Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
* Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
* Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team
* Working knowledge and business relationships with key Teamcenter business stakeholders
* Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
* Ability to build relationships and credibility
* Ability to influence and make recommendations to all levels
* Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help others to resolve issues.
* Define solutions with the ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team, effective at setting their own plans and take action
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with leadership.
* Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
* Strong presentation skills at all levels of leadership, strong analytical and conceptual skills with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to work well in a dynamic fast paced team environment along ith the ability to work with global teams
* Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time utilizing srong oral and written communication skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.