8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft; our systems make modern flight possible. And by; make it possible, we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The person hired for the position will be responsible for the Quality Management Systems (QMS) standards, procedures, training, and change management processes. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing internal audit and corrective action activities.
* Ensure sustainment of AS9100 and NADCAP requirements and visibility of any gaps across the organization and leadership.
* Lead preparation and communication strategy for audits across organization. Monitor, control and reporting of audit program progress. Partner with internal organizations to close gaps. Escalate risk and issues for resolution as appropriate
* Maintain key relationships with functional leadership and other key stakeholders.
* Execute organizational plans and lead the quality improvement activities in targeted areas of the organization in support of Leadership. Provide quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners and targeted departments of the organization. This position also executes the Quality Assurance strategy of the organization to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations, and customer requirements.
* Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and its customers to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes contract review/flow-down, the complaint management process, and the implementation of the corresponding corrective/preventive actions.
* Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to targeted functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
* Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, with all the documentation required. This includes providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes, and services.
* Participate in the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization. Develop, implement and audit of inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions. Facilitate the Investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
* Develop and analyze statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization. Provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability.
* Participate in all aspects of product development and launch activities throughout the organization. Efforts should primarily be targeted at the identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing and inspection and management of quality costs.
* Minimum of 5 years engineering or quality or manufacturing experience.
* Quality Management Systems - Basic understanding of the standards, implementation and certification process of Quality Management Systems such as AS/EN9100, ISO-9001, or any other industry-specific standard or regulation. Basic understanding of the requirements of customer-specific Quality System certification programs.
* Analytical Problem Solving - Basic understanding of problem-solving methods; i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Apollo etc.; and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems.
* New Product Development and Launch - Some knowledge of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch system; i.e. APQP, Stride, etc.; and has basic knowledge of the associated tools such as PFMEA, Control Plans, Characteristic Matrix, Gage Capability, Process Capability, Process Flow, Preventive Maintenance, Machine Runoff, etc.
* Continuous Improvement - Basic knowledge of the tools and techniques of Lean Manufacturing such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S - Workplace Organization, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Total Productive Maintenance, Mistake Proofing, etc.
* Cost of Quality-Basic Understanding the concept of Cost of Quality and specifically of the Cost of Non-Conformance. Uses Cost of Quality report to identify opportunities for improvement and waste reduction. Ability to solve problems of limited scope and complexity.
* Bachelor's Degree in STEM subject area.
At this time, UTC Aerospace Systems will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.