5 months ago
Monday, October 16, 2017
The Staff Engineer - Mechanical works under the administrative direction of engineering management as the highest level technical leader. This individual has advanced knowledge of technical and scientific principles, theories, and concepts within a technical discipline, and is able to apply knowledge to develop innovative solutions for cross-discipline, complex technical problems in support of company business objectives.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
217 Smith Street
Requisition Number: 7058
Location: Middletown, CT
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Develop and implement solutions to engineering problems that address all program technical, cost and schedule commitments. Provide solutions to obsolete drawings, interface with suppliers by providing and responding to technical data, and resolve non-conformances. Directly support the analysis and research of customer and/or part specifications. Characterize and evaluate the quality and performance of materials through material analysis.
* Create, validate and verify designs from high-level system or internal product requirements. Perform a variety of mathematical analyses. Select concept designs and perform systems analyses using commercial analytical software. Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion. Establish milestones and monitor compliance with plans and schedules.
* Provide strong technical leadership and expertise during failure investigations leading to corrective and preventative solutions to ensure future successes. Provide effective coaching of less experienced engineers, sharing knowledge and experience. Evaluate supplier products for adequacy of applications. Effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management, customers and subcontractors on the program team.
* Recognize and address risks across a variety of technical disciplines while guiding advanced technological solutions to completion within business constraints. Participate with proposals, statements of work and act as principal investigator and technical team leader on engineering projects.
* Provide technical briefings to management and customers and generate technical reports. Act as technical subject matter expert (SME) for a wide range of engineering programs. Assist, direct and mentor personnel where necessary to complete program goals.
* Make effective use of Six-Sigma and Lean engineering initiatives. Working knowledge of Mil-standard and ASTM documentation is required. Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within Mechanical Engineering. Fluent verbal/written communication skills.
* Create and present results to supervisor and management, as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned. Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
Education and Experience
Broad knowledge of an advanced and technically specialized field such as avionics, software or systems. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 1 to 2 years graduate level work leading to a Master’s degree or equivalent learning experience. 10 to 13 years of progressive engineering experience.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.