3 months ago
Staff Engineer, FPGA Designer-TCAS Products
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 06/11/City Melbourne
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Collins Aerospace is seeking an FPGA design and verification engineer for the Traffic Surveillance Department, TCAS Products group. The TCAS Products group supports, integrates, and develops multiple commercial avionics products for the Air Transport and Business & Regional aircraft markets. The TCAS products include new and next-generation L-Band systems for aircraft.
A motivated Senior FPGA engineer with a focus on success is sought for this opportunity to join an industry-leading product team. The applicant must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work within a multifunctional, multidiscipline team. The candidate will be expected to work flexibly and coordinate multiple suppliers and customers to achieve department goals.
* Define hardware requirements and perform validation
* Develop FPGA architecture and documentation
* Design firmware source code using VHDL
* Implement and integrate FPGA designs in a collaborative lab environment
* Perform verification activities to satisfy the objectives of RTCA/DO-254
* Drives the research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks to ensure that business objectives and required specifications are met.
* Represents the organization at conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
* Provides technical training for less experienced engineers to ensure that quality standards are met.
* Analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plans.
* Designs electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
* Develops implementation schedules and proposes cost budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and within established budgets.
* Directs and coordinates activities concerning manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations of activities.
* Evaluates operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommends repair or design modifications, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities to ensure required specifications are met.
* Oversees the implementation of new electronic/electrical equipment designs and modification and maintenance of existing designs/systems to improve operational efficiency.
* Leads sub-system development to ensure business objectives are achieved.
* Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
* Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
* Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
* Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
* Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
* Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
* This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
* Must have experience with FPGA design and verification using VHDL
Experience with any of the following is a plus but not specifically required:
* FPGA development of Xilinx devices using the Vivado tool suite
* FPGA development of Microchip/Microsemi/Actel devices using the Libero tool suite
* Familiarity with device-level verification methods and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, UVM and SystemVerilog)
* FPGA/ASIC verification using lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes and logic analyzers)
* Experience leading the development of avionics hardware
* Working knowledge of Windows-based application software; including MS Office, Spice, Mathcad, MATLAB, ModelSim/QuestaSim, Vivado, Libero
* Familiarity with Traffic Surveillance avionics products
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.