9 months ago
* Enjoy tackling complex and exciting challenges?
* Want to develop your skills and achieve success?
* Appreciate a culture based on teamwork and respect?
Moog’s Aircraft Group in East Aurora, New York is looking for a Staff Electrical Project Engineer. This opening affords the opportunity for the engineer to work with a functionally diverse group of individuals in East Aurora and other sites, domestic and international, on complex electromechanical and electrohydraulic systems up to and including the aircraft level. The scope of accountability's include not only technical performance but compliance to recurring and non-recurring cost and schedule requirements as well. The ideal candidate has a history of strong leadership success including effective teaming across sites with virtual team members.
* The Staff Electrical Project Engineer will have significant experience as a project lead on teams of electronics design and packaging engineers.
* Moog Aircraft electronic designs require not only state of the art electronics design know-how but also experience designing for requirements such as: high shock and vibration, thermal management with extreme external temperature variation, high voltage, altitude variation, failure mode mitigation and arc threat management, minimized weight, robust packaging, long life and a low recurring cost.
* Responsible for not only the technical solution but also meeting recurring and non-recurring cost targets.
* This role will be interacting not only with the design engineering team, but other disciplines such as program management, system engineering, software engineering, actuation engineering, safety and reliability, product engineering and others. Leadership skills are a must.
YOU’LL NEED ….
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field is preferred
* 15+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment is required
* Experience managing programs in excess of $3-6M per year
* A military/aerospace background and familiarity with the design life cycle including design, qualification and certification of electronics for aircraft applications is essential
* Knowledge of brushless servo motors and motor drive technology is desired
* The position requires a moderate amount of domestic travel (4-6 times per year)
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran