3 months ago
United States of America
HMN03: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville Ea 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position is for a Senior Electrical and Electronics Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Directs activities in the discipline and represents the organization at external events. Evaluates operating systems, provides technical training, designs electronic components, and develops implementation schedules.
* Drives the research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks to ensure that business objectives and required specifications are met.
* Represents the organization at conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
* Provides technical training for less experienced engineers to ensure that quality standards are met.
* Analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plans.
* Designs electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
* Develops implementation schedules and proposes cost budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and within established budgets.
* Directs and coordinates activities concerning manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations of activities.
* Evaluates operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommends repair or design modifications, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities to ensure required specifications are met.
* Oversees the implementation of new electronic/electrical equipment designs and modification and maintenance of existing designs/systems to improve operational efficiency.
* Leads sub-system development to ensure business objectives are achieved.
* Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
* Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
* Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
* Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
* Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
* Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution and 7 years of prior relevant experience OR an advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience required.
* Experience developing microprocessors, FPGA, DSP, or video systems preferred.
* Experience developing video or camera systems preferred.
* Experience working in highly regulated environment preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.