about 1 month ago
Specific Job Description
* Conduct tasks for the maintenance, modification and support of the Trident Strategic Weapons System Surface Support Equipment as directed.
* Provide preventative and corrective maintenance support to SSE, SSBN & shore based facilities
* Assist qualified engineers with work on the SSE in Faslane, Coulport and other sites as require
* Attend relevant training as directed
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot Coulport (RNAD(C)). Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts in New London Connecticut and Barrow-in–Furness.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Qualified and experienced in the operation of Air-less Spray and Air Fed Paint Spray
* Have an established mechanical "Hands on" working background
* Effective communicator on all levels
* Demonstrate IT skills to a competent level and have experience in using Microsoft Office 2016 applications
* Pro-active approach to providing solutions to emergent challenges
* Able to take ownership of tasks as delegated
* Be a confident team player whilst being able to communicate at all levels
* Good timekeeping essential
* Ability to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Qualified and experienced in the operation of industrial Grit-Blast Equipment.
* A willingness to learn and take lead of tasks
* Understanding and appreciation of working within a highly prescriptive work environment
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.