2 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking experienced Sr. Technical Designers (Level 5) to support the Bombers, Executive Transport, and Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2) Programs located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
This position is based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Your duties as a technical designer will include (but are not limited to):
* Leads the development and maintenance of engineering product definition.
* Oversees the development of design layouts and the modification of existing designs to satisfy customer and production requirements.
* Develops engineering product definition based upon company requirements and parameters.
* Support the program as Technical Leader Engineering Focal (TLE).
* Coordinates development of engineering product definition with internal/external parties to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design parameters as well as product functionality.
* Integrates work statement, work scope and work transfer packages with internal and external customers to requirements.
* Oversees, directs and integrates the completion of product definition across internal and external business partners and products to provide a functional end-product
* Investigates and resolves complex manufacturing process or engineering related issues.
* Verifies accuracy of engineering data produced by others.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Experience working with manufacturing processes
* Experience creating structural/mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite applications
* Aircraft design experience
* Wire routing and installation experience
AA degree in related discipline and typically 9 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award