4 months ago
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama. All our brands provide both search and book capability for flight combinations worldwide on both legacy and low cost airlines. In addition, our booking websites offer attractive pricing for hotels, rental cars and other ancillary products such as insurances, airport parking & transfers. We operate our five brands in 37 countries, employ more than 550 people with over 50 different nationalities worldwide. Travix has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, India, Curaçao, Singapore, the UK and the USA.
Sr. Systems Engineer - London
On a day-to-day basis our new System Engineer in the London office will design, build and maintain scalable, reliable, secure and high-performing cloud infrastructure, build automated monitoring and respond to monitoring alerts. You lead and/or participate in technical projects and detect and resolve technical issues before they become service impacting. You write technical documentation, share knowledge with the team and organisation and coach other staff members.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with a drive for continuous improvement to take our infrastructure and our company to the next level. You participate in 24/7 on call pager rotation and occasional (international) travel to data centers and offices may be required. You will never have a dull moment at Travix. The # of variables is just too big and the systems are fascinating. It may help to have a background in e-commerce or online travel. More important is attitude, learning agility and a-getting-things done mentality.
The technology we are using
• Operating systems: Windows Server, Linux
• Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, Office365, SCOM, SSCM, Powershell
• Programming/scripting languages: bash, .NET, XML
• Virtualization: Hyper-V, VMWare
• Provisioning & configuration management: Chef, Liquibase, Vagrant
• Webservers: Apache, IIS, nginx
• Loadbalancing: F5, haproxy
• Database technologies: MSSQL, MySQL, mongodb
• Monitoring software: Nagios, Zabbix
• Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Engine
Qualifications and experience
• BA/BS degree in CS or relevant experience
• Experience with systems and infrastructure design and operations
• A background in Windows and Linux systems administration
• Experience building and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks
• Programming and/or scripting skills
• Experience with automated provisioning and automated deployments
• Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving ability
What you can expect:
Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits
Covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances
A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you
There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures
Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball / table tennis competitions, great company events, good food and team activities.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button. This is what our recruitment process looks like.
For further information on this opportunity please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org