12 months ago
Requisition ID: 12361
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer – Cyber Security to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Have you ever considered working in one of the fastest growing engineering disciplines? The Cyber Security Engineering team in needs an additional Sr. Systems Engineer to fulfill our mission. This shared services team supports the development of products throughout the company wherever the customer has a security requirement or it’s understood that the system will be exposed to cyber threats through its connectivity or operational use. We develop tools and testing techniques to help identify residual defects in design or implementation which could result in a vulnerability negatively impacting the confidentiality, availability, or integrity of the system. Members of the security engineering team achieve this by embedding with the design and implementation teams as subject matter experts to support a complete secure development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Developing threat models and information flow architectures to ensure data can be properly isolated in motion and at rest
* Implementing mandatory access controls (MAC) through the development of SELinux policies
* Developing and executing fuzzing and penetration tests to evaluate the robustness of the attack surface
* Reviewing code to identify weaknesses in the implementation of security functions
* Conducting vulnerabilities assessments of proposed and in-service systems.
This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30am to 4:30pm workday, or beyond a 40 hour work week.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Candidates for this position should be fluent in the systems engineering domain and have a passion for cyber security. Being a CISSP or CISSP Associate is desirable.
* Experience working with the following is preferred:
· Threat Modeling
· Vulnerability Analysis
· WiFi protocol 802.11
· TCP/IP networking protocols
· Client-server architectures
· Data/network security implementation in the Linux OS
· ARINC 661
· DO-178B level C, D and E development standards
· Penetration Testing
* The candidate is required to have excellent communications skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form.
* The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to learn and make good decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, and contribute to a positive work environment.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.