5 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s (SNC) Information and Sensor Solutions (ISS) Business Area provides integrated Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO) sensor system solutions for national security customers.
SNC is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to lead and support the development of state of the art ELINT and ESM receiver and analysis systems. This position is available in our Sparks, NV facility.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
* Develop systems meeting cost, schedule, quality, customer requirements and industry standards based on existing products
* Define system requirements based on customer needs
* Disseminate system requirements to lower level assemblies and modules to be designed and implemented by the engineering team.
* Work with and lead a team including Software, Firmware, Hardware, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineers
* Contribute to and preside over design reviews
* Draft and execute integration and test plans and product acceptance test procedures
* Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures and work instructions, and customer requirements
* Develop proposal responses, estimate work effort and document the corresponding basis of estimates
* BS degree or equivalent experience working on ELINT or ESM systems
* 10+ years’ work experience in a systems engineering capacity
* Ability to estimate, plan and schedule work
* Experience drafting engineering system requirements based on customer needs and feedback
* Familiarity with RF systems analysis and development
* Experience using lab equipment including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and network analyzers
* Experience leading and executing integration and test activities
* Ability to troubleshoot electronic systems, characterize, document and update product bug reports in a tracking database, and verify bug fixes
* Leadership skills needed to manage a small team of engineers
* Can travel to various facilities to assist with system testing, attend Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) with customers and co-contractors, and collaborate with SNC personnel
* Working knowledge of airborne ELINT/SIGINT systems and signal types
* Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and digital receivers
* Can use Matlab and Excel as analysis tools
* Familiar with Linux operating system, and/or the use of scripts and command line programs
* High frequency analog or digital hardware skills
* Familiar with industry standards like Ethernet, RS-232, RS-422 and VPX
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.