8 months ago
Working as part of a multi disciplined engineering and management team, follow processes to test and verify implemented designs against the system requirements. Define and create solutions using state of the art concepts and components utilizing AGCs, phased-lock loops, IF frequency converters, communication and radar jamming algorithms, receivers, transmitters, RF signal processing, digital signal processing, frequency conversions, antenna design, filters, propagation loss calculations, HW/SW integration, system testing, built in test (BIT
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent, Advance degree desired
* 10+ Years experience in design and development engineering for DOD customers
* Interim Clearance required to start.
* Requirements development background, CDRL development expertise, enhanced communication skills (cradle to grave engr)
* Familiarity with engineering best practices, established history of taking products from design & development to production, including troubleshooting, integration & test, and customer demonstration
* Communication skills to work closely with PM to direct engineering technical scope and customer technical coordination
* Experience with complex digital design, digital signal processing, and RF voice/data communication protocols/systems and corresponding real-time embedded SW/FW implementations.
* Ability to take customer or internal requirements, decompose, and manage them through the product lifecycle
* Experience creating requirements allocation matrix’s and function allocation charts
* Demonstrated experience performing the following systems related activities:
* Proposal writing, systems requirements specification, risk analysis, engineering change proposal, first article test plans, interface design descriptions, trade study, white papers, and subsystem specifications
* Expertise with digital signal processing (DSP) and FPGA development.
* Experience or understanding in RF chain analysis
* Experience or understanding in propagation analysis
* Strong understanding of both software and firmware code and unit test activities validating delivered functionality against identified requirements
* Familiarity with Hardware Descriptive Language (HDL) coding languages
* Familiarity with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), Linux, and Windows
* Solid understanding of microprocessors, programmable logic, real-time systems, analog and digital designs
* Schematic capture and PCB layout tool experience and understanding
* Tools: DOORs, MATLAB, SysCalc
* Languages: C, C++, Java, VHDL
* Solid understanding of industry standard bus architectures such as PCI, ISA, VME, USB, SPI, and Ethernet.
* Bus Architectures: PCI ISA, Serial Rapid IO, GbE, SerDes
* Working understanding of environmental, safety, and EMC standards and principles
* MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-810
* Working understanding of IPC family of specifications and standards.
* J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620, etc.
This position requires current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.