8 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
* Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* 10+ years of related experience
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
* Experience working with mechanical systems and flight control systems
* 8+ years of Femap/Nastran
* Fatigue and Fracture experience, with NASGRO
* Experience with primary and secondary structure parts made of metallic and composite materials
* Able to work in a complex system level finite element model to generate inputs for offline detailed analysis at both the part and subassembly level
* Can provide system level peer review of analysis documentation and methods/tools
* Highly Proficient with hand calculations and industry standard methodologies
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.