about 1 month ago
Sr. Storage Engineer TS/SCI with Poly
Fort Meade, MD US
TS/SCI with Polygraph
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Storage Engineer who has a current TS/SCI with a poly to come join our team in Ft. Meade, Maryland to work on TUSCANMOON. As the Senior Data Storage Engineer you will be responsible for the technical planning, integration, verification and validation, and effectiveness for total systems. You will identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems, and assist with storage usage and features. In addition you will perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures. You will use your skills to manage multiple file storage clusters, enforcing quotas on storage limits where required.
You will use your 10 years of Senior Data Storage Engineering experience to create and manage multiple security groups to ensure least-privileged access to program data. You will also perform weekly tape rotations to off-site facilities from multiple locations.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience required. Additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree or additional 2 years with Associates degree.
• Strong understanding of Symantec NetBackup.
• Ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical details, approaches and findings.
• Working knowledge of all NAS/SAN protocols and how to implement.
• Experience working in a backup environment using NetBackup software supporting multiple operating systems.
• Experience performing data restores and troubleshooting failed backups.
• Experience with backup hardware including tape libraries, tape drives, and media management.
• Experience configuring and managing a fiber channel environment.
• Experience with disaster recovery planning and implementation strategies to best mitigate the impact on business operations.3
• Experience administering Windows 7, 10 and RHEL.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, often high-stress, environment.
• Must able to lift / carry 40+ pounds
• Experience with multiple storage devices including NetApp, Isilon, and Dell / Compellent.
• Experience with Quantum and Dell backup hardware.
• Experience with Cisco MDS fiber-channel switches.
• Experience with VMware and configuring backend storage for virtual machines.
• Experience with Cisco UCS and IBM Blade Chassis systems.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.