3 months ago
Sr. Staff Engineering Project Manager
Job ID: 465968BR Date posted: Jan. 02, City: King of Prussia State: Pennsylvania
Description:Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) in Valley Forge, PA has a growing portfolio of programs providing incredible capabilities for the US Air Force, US Navy and across the Department of Defense. The breadth of our work here spans Weapon Control Systems, GPS, Wideband Satellite Communications, Tactical Data Links, Enterprise Management Systems, Radar Data Processing, Signal Exploitation Systems and much more. Our teams work closely with our customers to deliver innovative and reliable solutions.
Lockheed Martin RMS is seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join the technical leadership team in the Engineering & Technology organization. In this role, you will be accountable for overall engineering technical, cost and schedule performance across our Weapon Control System Portfolio of programs and projects.
You will provide the primary Engineering & Technology interface with the Program Management (PM) Office/Customer for all programmatic items on the Tactical Tomahawk Weapon Control System (TTWCS) Program, and other projects in the Weapon Control System portfolio. This includes managing multiple software development baselines for TTWCS, advancing concepts for new engineering solutions within RMS and across the business areas, developing and managing research and development efforts,
This position requires working knowledge of both project management and system design and development of weapon control systems. You will be responsible for leading trade studies, scope and sizing of potential capabilities, participation in related working groups and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), advanced development, and cybersecurity efforts.
A successful candidate will need to show proficiency in system design, system operational concepts, software development, integration, and test. The position will require customer interaction and occasional travel to customer sites for meetings and test events. Successful candidates must understand the full system life cycle from program capture, design, development, production, integration and test, and deployment/sustainment.
• Systems Engineering/Architecture/Development/Integration knowledge
• Weapon Control System familiarity
• Earned Value Management
• Full-Spectrum Leadership ability
• Integration and Test Expertise
• Software Development Experience
• Business Acumen
• Current active DoD Secret Security Clearance required
• Understanding of Engineering and Technology (E&T)processes, and familiarity with all E&T functional organizations
• Must have experience in leading/managing medium sized engineering teams
• Must have good communication skills (verbal/written), and needs to be comfortable with stand-up presentations
• Recognized certifications (CEH, Network+, Security+, others)
• Prior experience with secure software development and integration.
• Familiar with Linux & Windows environments, COTS/FOSS integration and configuration
• Familiar with Agile/SCRUM practices
• Experience developing control software for military applications
• Experience across IT disciplines including software, hardware, network engineering
• Experience developing, deploying, and supporting software
• Solid troubleshooting skills for all development environments and demonstrated use of various scripting languages
• C++, Software test and debug
• Experience following standardized engineering life-cycle processes and tailoring processes when appropriate
• Software tools including design, source management, automated testing tools, static analysis tools
• Linux OS
• Software test and debug using Linux systems
• Familiarity with DISA STIG, Network and System Administration, Test Automation and virtualization processes
• Familiarity with related systems such as GCCS-M, Aegis, Mission Planning Systems and strike weapons
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First