5 months ago
Performs a wide variety of complex planning, trouble shooting, preventive maintenance, installation, and repair on mechanical, electrical, Electronic, air, and hydraulic components of CNC production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machines, material handling Systems, chilled water systems, high voltage motor control panels, fire protection devices, freeze protection devices, pneumatic controls, Chemical feed pumps, brominates, refrigerator/air conditioning systems, compressed air systems, and automated lubrication system to avoid Delays in production in other plant related activities. Works from construction blueprints, electrical/electronic schematics hydraulic pneumatic Schedules, manufacture’s manuals, work orders, written/verbal orders, and direct contact with manufacturer technical personnel using hand tools, Electrical/electronic testing equipment, probes, ladders, material handling equipment, etc. Works with little or no direction from Lead.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Receive assignments and pertinent documentation from Lead.
* Respond to trouble calls.
* Visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
* Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
* Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
* Remove and replace worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
* Realign and adjust components.
* Locate damaged air and hydraulic lines on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new lines.
* Start machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
* Determine extent of damage to machine and take off line or shut down if necessary.
* Advise management of equipment status.
* Repair broken parts or initiate orders for material or equipment to effect repairs.
* May set up and operate metal working tools such as drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
* Debug and/or modify circuits used in computer controlled motion of CNC machines.
* Repair or replace personal computer (PC) board.
* Installs, checks out, and maintain CNC machines and equipment.
* Check and verify installations prior to release.
* Confer with manufacturer’s technical and vendor personnel to ascertain pertinent information.
* Modify sketches of computer generated designs of machine components.
* Report improper operation, faulty equipment defective material, and unusual conditions to Lead.
* Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
* Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
* Maintain all reports, files, and records.
* Other duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), 5 - 7 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires the use of specialized knowledge along with the ability to interpret drawings / blueprints and commensurate to a two year technical school.
Job Location Vero Beach, Florida, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular