4 months ago
Summary: The Sr. Quality Engineer will provide experienced-based leadership to project and/or production teams to ensure delivery of quality products. Reporting directly to the Director of Quality, this position will be a member of a cross-functional team that includes Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Continuous Improvement, and Design Engineering for the sustained improvement of the fabrication processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
* Work in collaborative fashion with Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering and Production management in the pursuit of common metric-based goals, lead cross-functional teams in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Action (CA) efforts
* Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
* Applies statistical process control (SPC) methodologies for analyzing data to evaluate the current process, changes to the process, and in support of continuous improvement efforts
* Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
* Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
* Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
* Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
* Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
* Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
* Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
* Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
* Other duties may be assigned per Department/Corporate Leadership discretion per customer and business needs.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors of Science degree in related/applicable field; or equivalent combination of degree and manufacturing applicable certifications (e.g. Six Sigma Black Belt).
Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in Aerospace or related/equivalent industrial field; Preferred 7 to 10 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in Aerospace or related industrial equivalent field.