7 months ago
Summary Plans, evaluates and monitor activities to develop, apply and maintain quality systems for industrial processes, materials, specifications, products, policies and procedures. Evaluate, monitor, develop and implement standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of processes and products to meet engineering and customer requirements. Investigate, recommend and implement continuous improvements to company operations.
Essential Job Functions
* Perform data analysis, investigate nonconformance root cause, stock sweep, and identify any actions required. Lead problem solving initiatives incorporating the use of Quality Tools, Root Cause Corrective Action methods and statistical evaluation when necessary and in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternate solution.
* Initiate, follow up, record corrective action in database and close out files.
* Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system and type of design. Assist and train personnel in procedures and processes, and improvements including process/product auditing. Develop training to build quality awareness.
* Analyze failures promptly to respond to customers complaints (external/internal). Recommend strategy for warranty claim issues resolution.
* Demonstrate excellent written & oral communication skill. Participates in meetings to represent Quality objectives. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views. Give and welcome feedback. Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
* Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure production of products are in accordance with approved data. Evaluate Piper Process Specifications (PPS), engineering drawings, and other acceptance criteria to verify quality characteristics or functions. Identify areas of risk nonconformance to prevent defects.
* Conduct audits of product or process, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions. Perform internal audits in accordance with Quality Manual.
* Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
* Assist Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system. Prepare QA reports as directed by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required with seven years of experience working in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess experience and a working knowledge of assembly and testing methods as well as associated inspection methods. Experience with troubleshooting aircraft systems and components issues a plus.
Requires comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing process and quality system, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements. Must have working knowledge of Windows based computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must demonstrate flexibility on the job, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
Job Location Vero Beach, Florida, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular