6 months ago
Job Category: Quality
Location: Mexicali, Mexico
Title: Sr. Quality Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Quality organization.
Day to Day:
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components, and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, Chromalloy employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. Chromalloy serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty).
• Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including scrap monitoring, rework levels, etc.
• Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards.
• Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system. Carry out product and process auditing.
• Manage supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Promote the use of continuous improvement techniques such as Six-sigma, Poke-Yoke’s, and Measuring System Analysis.
• Participate in the development and refinement of Process and Product FMEA’s.
• Participate in cross-functional teams respect New Product Introduction or changes related to current products/repairs, establishing process controls to assure customer, engineering and regulatory requirements are met.
• Undertake special projects as required.
• Assist with training of quality awareness.
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
• Experience: 5+ years of progressive experience including at least 2 years in an equivalent role in a similar operating environment.
• Engineering Degree.
• Previous experience in a low volume high mix manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace.
• Membership or certification of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous.
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of Quality System Standards (such as ISO 9001, AS9100) and measurement techniques.
• Familiar with special processes, preferably Nadcap certification.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
• Problem solving and team working skills.
• Ability to present data effectively.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean skills and tools.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.