10 months ago
Ducommun is a global provider of manufacturing and engineering services, developing innovative electronic, engineered and structural solutions for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Our full-service collaborative approach, broad capabilities and value-added services like new product introduction, supply chain strategies and program management deliver value for our customers and innovative solutions for their complex electronic and structural needs.
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
* Provide quality leadership for current and future manufacturing requirements and determine the most effective methods to improve productivity through the management of people and technology.
* Ensure that all contractual and regulatory quality requirements are defined and communicated on assigned programs.
* Support all departments to ensure control of both in-process quality and final quality of product.
* Provide customer interface on quality issues and problem resolution
* Collaborate with sales, purchasing, production, bidding, and contract management to establish quality procedures to meet customer requirements
* Interface with vendors to correct problems dealing with purchased materials.
* Provide manufacturing engineering support including root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions to resolve problems in product manufacture.
* Assist in defining and monitoring the quality management system
* Adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* Perform other assignments as required
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree required. BSEE, BSIE, BSQET is preferred
* 4 years experience in maintaining production and inventory control standards in a manufacturing setting
* Prior experience with ISO 9001, AS9100, and ISO 13485 environments
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Demonstrated knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes together with work measurement and work standards.
* Proficient in technical writing, good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical
* Able to read and interpret engineering drawings required
* Demonstrated analytical expertise including ability to plan, resolve problems effectively, and establish priorities.
* Proficient understanding of DOE, 6-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
* Intermediate level of computer skills in email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft Project, and MRP/EAP.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers and project company image to attract business.
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911