3 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Senior Project Engineer
Customer Support Operations: Irvine, CA or Ogden, UT - Control Systems/Flight Controls req 12064
As an integral part of the engineering department in Customer Support Operations Division This role will provide technical applied support to engineering programs, processes, internal OEM division aircraft prime manufacturers, airlines and military customers.
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) Certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline; Masters or Ph.D advanced degree preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10-12 years of related experience.
· Has thorough in-depth knowledge of engineering domain (e.g. mechanical, electronic, packaging, etc.), principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies. Ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering or scientific fields to area of expertise.
· Strong facilitation and team building skills. Ability to communicate with and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
· Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
· Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, design, and project management tools following established project/program management protocol.
· Ability to manage multiple or major project deliverables and provide technical direction to the team, customers, or suppliers at project milestones.
· Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams.
· Proficient with standard project management tools and practices
· Ability to apply Earned Value Management (EVM) principles to manage scope, schedule and cost objectives
1. Comprehensive knowledge of system engineering theories, principles, and industry practices and policies, specifically in aircraft Flight Control System and Hydraulic Systems
2. Ability to respond to significant inquires or complaints regarding system issues from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
3. Ability to communicate effectively (strong listening and verbal skills) and make effective persuasive speeches and presentations on complex aircraft system topics to management and customers
4. Ability to lead investigations on system problems, collect data, establish facts, identify root causes, and draw valid conclusions
5. Proficient in writing engineering reports
1. Job located in Irvine, CA or Ogden, UT with focus on supporting Parker CSD products to improve product reliability and technical answers/solutions to customers
2. Frequent customer interface to present system project status and gain confidence in overall support of customer program
3. Work closely with internal and external customers and reliability team to monitor system performance and look for product trends that may affect system performance
4. Develop goals, objectives, and time line to complete with success major customer support engineering projects related to systems by conducting engineering investigations, analyzing shop findings, identifying possible product improvements, preparing and reviewing plans, presentations, customer requirements and impacts, and conferring with management
5. Develop systems and component-level training for system familiarization by maintenance personnel, including fault diagnostics, to assist in troubleshooting and isolation of faults and reduce unscheduled removals of hardware
6. Availability to travel to support customer world wide
7. Availability to answer customer phone calls 24 x 7
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 12064. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.