about 1 month ago
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Be a part of the team in Honeywell Aerospace that is responsible for the design and analysis for all shafting, rotordynamics, and full engine system dynamics for all engines and APU programs. This is a great opportunity to showcase your strategic and technical abilities in a highly visible role with a diverse customer base.
In this role you will be solve complex problems across a wide variety of technical fields. You will assist customers in their Part 25 certification of new aircraft by leading a global team of engineers building full engine System Dynamic models and coordinating with Honeywell chief engineers and customer technical specialists.
You will support a wide variety of engine and component testing and will be involved in the acquisition and interpretation of dynamic data to characterize engine behavior. Other responsibilities will include stress analysis and fatigue life prediction of shafting, couplings, splines.
You Must Have
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering
• Four plus years engineering experience with dynamic analysis
• Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with Nastran dynamic modeling and analysis in both the frequency and time domain, linear and non-linear, using solutions 103, 108, 111, 129, 400
• Experience using Nastran superelements per Craig-Bampton sub-structuring approach.
• Proficiency in signal processing and filtering of dynamic test data in the frequency domain, & time domain
• Experience and familiarity with CFAR Part 33 and Part 25 FAA airworthiness standards for aircraft engines and transport category aircraft
• Experience with rotordynamic analysis
• Experience correlating models to test data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Wide degree of creativity and flexibility
• Self-starter who can take abstract ideas and translate them into a working plan
• Ability to multi-task to successfully support tasks with competing priorities
• Ability to work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that assignments are completed in a timely manner
• ANSYS 2 and 3D finite element modeling for component stress, deflection, pilot fits, and natural frequencies.
* JOB ID: HRD64901
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 111 S 34th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034 USA
Honeywell Aerospace Overview