about 1 year ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Sr. Laboratory Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG), you’ll work on Moog aerospace hardware programs, which typically include contractual requirements for evaluation, safety of flight, qualification and production tests. Where significant laboratory content and responsibility exist, the Senior Laboratory Engineer ensures that laboratory tasks are defined early and promptly assigned within the laboratory to ensure completion of the work within the required schedule and budget. When assigned laboratory project responsibility, he/she interprets customer and/or government specifications and translates them into effective test plans.
The Senior Laboratory Engineer provides leadership to the team of Lab Engineers and/or Technicians. He/she must work harmoniously with Program Managers, Program/Project Engineers, Quality Assurance, Government and Customer representatives.
Provide test program support.
Using the test plan and together with engineering laboratory personnel, he/she reviews, provides inputs and approves the test procedures. Using the same test plan and test procedure, under the general guidance of the Engineering Manager, he/she works with project engineering and engineering laboratory personnel to conduct the test program. The test program may consist of evaluation or development, safety of flight, qualification tests.
Certain programs require the facilities of an approved outside test laboratory, in which case he/she performs the research required for the Purchasing Department to make a proper selection. The Senior Laboratory Engineer arranges test schedules and surveillance. When deemed necessary, he/she may be required to be present during tests at these outside test laboratories to perform, direct or witness tests. He/She also participates in the overall program design and test readiness reviews.
B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering plus a
Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
Relevant areas of experience include hydraulics and servo systems, mechanical test fixtures, instrumentation and control system, structural & environmental testing.
He/She must also have displayed a high degree of technical and organizational capability as well as personal integrity.
1) Direct the preparation of test program proposals and proposal documents. Present technical proposal to Customers in conjunction with project engineering and assigned sales personnel.
2) Produce test program descriptions for Moog's technical proposals which are cost and schedule effective, based on review of customer requirements and knowledge of similar programs.
3) Estimate the cost and duration of proposed test programs, considering the risk of failure and other potential difficulties.
4) Produce detailed test plans, schedule and review/approve procedures and secure customer or project engineering approval.
5) Participate in design and test readiness reviews and program status meetings with customers and Moog Personnel.
6) Conduct test programs, providing leadership and support to Laboratory Engineers and Technicians for smooth operation throughout the duration of testing.
7) When directed by the Engineering Manager, provide engineering support to Plant Engineering in the area of facilities and energies.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran