6 months ago
Sr. Facility Engineer
Req #: 215188
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA US
Job Category: Facilities
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
CACI is seeking a Sr. Facility Engineer to support our Program in Ft. Belvoir.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Serves as the senior facilities engineer responsible for design, reviewing and planning for planning and installation master planning support relating to contract supported units at worldwide locations. Must Specializes in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD) working with other Government and Contractor engineers to perform Facility Planning Program tasks.
More About the Role:
* Investigates and determines facility requirements relating to unit relocations, realignment, transfer and equipment de-installation/installation. Determines the most efficient utilization of available facilities for operation of mission systems/equipment. Provides cost estimates and programming data in support of such moves. Assists with preparation of documentation required by AR 5-10 or other MILCON regulations.
* Provides technical advice and guidance to Government engineers and military construction programmers in investigating infrastructure, facility space and utility system shortfalls and structural requirements, and in coordinating the work of other engineering disciplines to produce the required functional outcome.
* Reviews Government furnished reports, studies, master plans and facility requests to identify deficiencies. Provides comments in the planning and programming of construction, renovation, repair, and redesign efforts by the Government.
* Reviews Government furnished engineering design proposals and design submissions for adequate engineering and architectural treatments and the suitability of architectural design solutions.
* Manages software application for tracking space usage and space requirements as a means to identify present deficiencies. Based upon Government operational plans, estimates future facility requirements for construction planning. Tracks leased space usage and identifies cost effective solutions for the continued use of leased space. Review space request documentation, existing facility space use, or a proposed space layout, and provide comments and analysis, and presents alternative solutions/recommendations.
* Provides engineering support for inclusion in the preparation of Military Construction (MILCON) Project Data submissions. Reviews MILCON technical documentation, deficiencies and provide comments. Provide technical analysis in support of various technical and program documents, and assesses the impacts such programs will have on the command and the operation of the equipment and facilities supporting operations worldwide.
* Evaluates processes and procedures used in facility and space management. Identifies deficiencies and provides comments, recommendations and proposed solutions to remedy deficiencies. Develops database and collects data for space management and building management problems.
* Prepares and submits technical plans for the stationing and realignment (activate, close, drawdown, transfer, etc.) of INSCOM units/sites worldwide. Prepares analyses following Army policy and procedure guidelines that will become part of the Government stationing decision process.
* Helps oversee the maintenance, repair, construction and operation of all assigned systems and supporting infrastructure. Includes responsibility for work control, planning, infrastructure, and facilities support and plant operations. Responsible for maintenance, repair, construction and operation of facilities to insure cost effective and reliable support.
* Immediately deployable to worldwide locations, in potentially hazardous work environments, to perform QRC/ technical support to US forces.
* Coordinates with military commander’s planning staffs in the theater to develop comprehensive plans to assure the disparate interests and responsibilities of supported and supporting organizations are recognized and included in master plans for relocation and realignment activities.
* Applies technical and/or military knowledge, skills and experience along with US Army unique military engineering and intelligence knowledge, skills and experience acquired during military service and training, to develop program management plans using Microsoft Project software.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university with 10 years of diversified experience and familiar with Military branches and mission.
* Military construction Planning and Programming, including familiarity with the Army Programming, Administration and Execution (PAX) System.
* Must Specializes in the use of computer in design and drafting (CADD).
* Work with clients/customers, translating user functional requirements into facility requirements/characteristics.
* Familiarity with military construction standards and Corps of Engineers specifications guides, with emphasis on SCIF construction requirements/standards.
* Familiarity with the Military Construction design process/ Master Planning process.
* Familiarity with Corp of Engineer Regulations regarding construction, alteration, repair and maintenance of real property assets.
* Familiarity with Army space management regulations governing personnel space allocation and usage.
* Management of the Facility Engineering activities at large, complex facilities or groups of buildings.
* Knowledge of relocating military activities from one installation to another, including conducting unit/site surveys, development of construction requirements at the gaining installation, construction execution, and closeout activities at the losing installation. Familiarity with the EPA Air Conditioning Law.
* Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
* Final Top Secret Clearance based upon a TIER 5 Background Investigation, and favorable eligibility determination for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) IAW ICD 704.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.