8 months ago
The Engineering Technician performs engineering support functions under the direction of an Engineer or Engineering Management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Understands, plans and executes testing and troubleshooting activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, work instructions and specific customer requirements
* Completes parts lists, checks drawings, generates and processes engineering/document change requests, notices, and/or orders and other general engineer tasking with direction from Engineers
* Responsible for low level design activities including cable design, ICD generation, and non-complex circuit layout/brass boarding
* Utilizes standard laboratory test equipment including: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, voltmeters and other measurement equipment to perform engineering support functions
* Troubleshoots equipment using standard documentation packages including assembly drawings and schematics
* Works with various levels of the system (from the board and component level, to the LRU, to the system level) to identify and resolve performance problems
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School Diploma. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
* Minimum 4 to 6 years experience
* Strong Radio Frequency Background highly desired.
* Must have testing and troubleshooting skills with the capability of defining and configuring standard and special test equipment to perform tests at the circuit card, LRU or system level
* Must have ability to work with standard laboratory test equipment including; oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, voltmeters and other measurement equipment
* This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.