2 months ago
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Production Support Engineering (PSE) organization has a Senior Engineer opening, to be located at the Honeywell Aerospace site in Minneapolis, MN.
The PSE team is responsible for executing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and ensuring “Flawless Launch” of new products into production. The team drives the linkage between engineering and supply chain, to ensure Flawless Launch. The goals of the organization include driving a culture change for on-time launch (OTL) and “Zero Defects”. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong engineering, quality, and operations background, to draw upon those experiences to improve overall efficiency in the business, and gain exposure to senior leaders. The scope of this position includes support of APQP tasks and working closely with a cross functional team of the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), Quality, Program Management, and Engineering to ensure the success of the Flawless Launch Process. This position reports to the Sr. Technical Manager.
* Execute the Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
* Analyze past quality/warranty historical data to provide input to DFMEA and Customer Escape Walks
* Drive Key Characteristics (KCs), Critical Characteristics (CCs), and lessons learned
* Prepare Flawless Launch (FL) Estimates for new programs
* Support and work closely with Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering (AME), Engineering, Quality, Program Management, and New Production Introduction (NPI) teams for Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
* Create risk assessments by program phase
* Challenge engineering and others to ensure successful, timely launches
* Collaborate with AME and Quality to follow Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
* Ensure OTL elements are integrated into the master schedule
* Adhere to Integrated Product Delivery Schedule (IPDS) launch process
* Lead Manufacturing Readiness Assessment (MRA)
* Support deployment of new tools/initiatives within the Launch environment
* Analyze data to communicate key trends, develop and execute continuous improvement plans
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
* 7 years combined experience in engineering, quality, and/or manufacturing in the Automotive or Aerospace industries
* Availability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25% of time)
* Must be US Citizen due to program requirements
* Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt certification
* Masters Degree
* Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
* Aerospace product and business process knowledge
* Knowledge of root cause/corrective action process
* Knowledge of APQP, product launch, and statistical process control (SPC) tools
* Project Management and/or other technical leadership experience
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 2600 Ridgway Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55413 USA
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering