7 months ago
This position has responsibilities in development of new technologies and design of next generation, derivative products. This position requires expertise in emerging technologies to support these efforts and the practical implementation of marketable products.
• Determine state-of-the-art, high-efficiency power technology to support new product development in AC and DC power conversion.
• Develop new product concepts, such as high-level product architectures, power circuit topologies, and controls infrastructure.
• Design of power converters, magnetics, feedback control circuits, thermal management, and electronics packaging.
• Develop digital control systems based on Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) and Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
• Design high-accuracy, high-stability analog circuits for signal processing and interface.
• Develop digital control circuits and data communications interfaces.
• Develop procedures for validation testing, and generate formal product documentation.
• Provide expertise in regulatory agency requirements and evaluate products and designs to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
• Work alongside the Marketing and product teams to evaluate needs of emerging markets and determine upcoming technology requirements to meet demand.
• MSEE, or higher, with minimum of 5-7 years of experience relevant to the design of power electronics products.
• Strong, analytically-based skills in design of high-efficiency, high-frequency power converters, with experience desirable in soft switching and resonant topologies.
• In-depth knowledge of control theory, with analog and digital (firmware and VHDL) implementation of feedback control loops.
• Experienced in magnetics design, electronic circuits analysis, and computer-aided modeling and simulation.
• Competent in electronics packaging design, including thermal management, and design for manufacturability to minimize cost and labor content.
• Knowledgeable in domestic and international agency regulatory requirements for safety and electromagnetic compatibility.
• Desirable competencies:
o Design of high-speed, embedded digital controllers for power converters, based on DSPs, FPGAs, and CPLDs.
o Design of digital hardware, including high-accuracy ADC/DAC signal conversion, microcontrollers, programmable logic devices, and high speed digital interface.
o Knowledgeable in industrial communications architectures, networks, and protocols.
• Good interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.