5 months ago
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer serve a lead role in the conceptualization and development of new technologies and products for AC and DC power processing. They provide expertise in the implementation of emerging technologies, and perform duties designing the power and control hardware content for the realization of new product concepts.
• Innovate new technologies and methodologies in advanced power processing and controls.
• Develop high-level product architectures, power converter topologies, and analog/digital controls infrastructure.
• Provide technical expertise in the areas of power conversion, magnetics, analog/digital controls, modeling and simulation. Design power converters, interface circuits, and controls, at the system and circuit level, as utilized in high-performance programmable AC and DC power products.
• Participate with project teams throughout the development cycle in the design, documentation, and release of new products. Provide technical leadership to coordinate work of other engineers/designers in associated disciplines: mechanical packaging, thermal design, PWB design, digital hardware and firmware design.
• Oversee fabrication, troubleshooting, and verification testing of prototypes throughout the development cycle. Generate test plans, procedures, and summary reports for product validation testing, including compliance with regulatory agency standards.
• Participate in structured, cross-functional product development projects, working within constraints of program schedule, budget, and goals, and ensuring appropriate balance of product reliability, specification performance, and cost.
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
• BSEE, MSEE preferred, with a minimum of 7 years of experience relevant to the design of power conversion products.
• Proficiency in design of high-frequency, switched-mode power conversion; strong skills in soft-switching and resonant topologies are preferred.
• Proficiency in design of analog circuits, having high accuracy and stability, using analytically based design methodologies.
• Proficiency in feedback control theory, with the ability to correlate product performance requirements with feedback control loop implementation.
• Proficiency in magnetic design: materials selection, core/winding optimization, thermal design, modeling, and practical manufacturing techniques.
• Competency in high-frequency design techniques for signal integrity, PWB layout, system interface, and EMI control.
• Competency in the utilization of computer software (MatLab, Simulink, PSpice, Mathcad, Excel) in the design process of power and control circuits for schematic capture, modeling and simulation, mathematical analysis, and data manipulation.
• Competency in design of electronic assemblies: components packaging, environmental constraints, and design for manufacturability, testability, and serviceability.
• Experienced in digital hardware design as applied to power conversion, including ADC/DAC signal conversion, microcontrollers and programmable logic devices, and high-speed digital communications.
• Knowledgeable of design requirements for compliance with domestic and international standards for safety and electromagnetic compatibility.
• Knowledgeable of real-time, embedded digital control systems is preferred: digital control techniques for power conversion based on DSPs and FPGAs, firmware-implemented control algorithms, high-speed data acquisition, instrumentation buses and protocols for communications, control, and programming.
• Good interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.