over 2 years ago
Responsibility to ensure that AAR remains
competitive in the market. The main goals will be to produce new customers,
work with current customers, and follow-up with all industry trends. The Senior
Director, Business Development works closely with the Sr. Vice President,
Business Development to evaluate current and adjacent markets to develop new
business opportunities, while developing and executing sales strategies to
position AAR with prospective clients. This position is responsible for orchestrating
the teaming and win strategies; developing customer and competition
intelligence briefs; identifying and qualifying specific new business
development targets; and executing capture management and account management
activities while energetically developing customer relationships (client and
partners). This person coordinates closely with program managers, business
intelligence, marketing, pricing, and proposal support by conducting Business
Development Gate briefings.
As a principal Capture Manager, this person
orchestrates the overall capture management strategy for specific strategic
targets; works closely with Managers/Directors, Business Development, Proposal
Managers, and Operations personnel in updating and finalizing the win strategy;
the concept of operations; the proposed organization; proposed key personnel;
proposed partners/teaming/subcontractors; and other key teaming aspects of
strategic bids to include teaming and operating agreements. This position
manages and controls overall bid budget and schedule; identifies and selects
review team members; and insures on-time delivery of compliant and winning
proposals to the customer. The selected candidate has a major role in
supporting the development of the three-year strategic plan as well as the
annual operating plan. This position is expected to identify a pipeline of
opportunities with a total value of approximately $35 million in the short term
and approximately $150 million over the next 3 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assure AAR's competitiveness in the Army rotary
& fixed wing markets.
* Liaise to keep AAR ahead of industry trends.
* Work to procure new business and work to exceed
current customer's needs.
* Promote the mission, vision, and values that AAR
* Manages an individual sales pipeline to include:
identifying, qualifying and closing new opportunities to meet annual bookings
* Interfaces with potential customers to discuss
requirements, schedules and capabilities and with industry personnel to develop
teaming and/or partnering relationships to support business needs and maximize
* Conducts Business Development Gate Briefings.
* All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people
and get results through others Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks
without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in
advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
* Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral
and written communication skills
* Analytical skills: must be able to use data to
determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
* Organization: very detail oriented and always comes
* Problem Solving: ability to develop and implement
new ideas to improve processes
* Strong customer orientation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Required: Bachelor degree from a four-year
college or university; or degree in process with significant US Military
* Minimum of eight years of international and/or
Federal business experience, can be in conjunction with Military aviation
* Current and active minimum US SECRET Clearance is
* In-depth computer knowledge (MS Word, Power
Point, Excel, MS Project).
* Highly successful building relationships with
upper-level decision makers, seizing control of critical issues, and delivering
on customer commitments
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
with the ability to synthesize requirements and present business cases for
action/corporate response in a clear, concise, focused manner.
* Experience with Program Management and Operations
in support of large federal programs. (desirable)
* Demonstrated focus on customer satisfaction and
development and maintenance of relationships both internally and externally.
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team
environment and/or lead teams to success
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
* Knowledge of USG and FMS program/contracting
processes and acquisition/sustainment strategies.
* Demonstrated record pursuing and capturing $20M+
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about
the facility. The environment characteristic for this position is an office
setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business
environment. Travel may be required, including overseas travel to
developing/third world or War Zone countries.
: Global Strategy & Business Development
: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran