over 2 years ago
Performs a variety of engineering work including design, analysis, substantiation, certification, drawing interpretation and project management as related to transport category aircraft cabin interior modifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and analyze aircraft cabin interior systems and components, typically in support of aircraft interior modifications and avionics upgrades (STC projects).
- Work independently to gather data and input on the development of original designs or adaptations of existing designs after having been given general instructions regarding purpose and parameters.
- Prepare engineering reports, Engineering Authorizations (EA’s) and drawings.
- Develop cabin interior modification/installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
- Participate in design reviews and presentations with suppliers, customers, and various internal departments to obtain input on, agreement with, and understanding of project objectives and schedules.
- Monitor and support kit development and parts suppliers (internal and external).
- Participate in the initial studies and cost estimates for proposed projects and suggests changes to facilitate manufacture and assembly.
- Supports preparation of bill of materials and standards or specifications and participates in the development of project budgets, schedules, and release dates with Project Managers.
- Troubleshoot aircraft issues during STC prototype and post STC using standard testing tools and methods as required.
- Coordinate with FAA DAR’s and DER’s for any necessary assistance and/or approvals.
- May supervise designers/detailers in the accomplishment of projects or assignments
- Travel both nationally and internationally (up to 10%)
- Foreign language skills a plus
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possesses proven written and oral comprehension and communications, and technical presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge of engineering principles, techniques, methods, and is disciplines in their application as previously noted
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Strong judgement and decision making
- Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
- Analytical skills: must be able to use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE-
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering (Aerospace or Mechanical preferred) or extensive experience and training in their respective area of expertise to be determined equivalent
- Typically has completed five or more years of engineering experience, may have a Master’s Degree and may be a registered engineer
- Must have previous experience with Airbus or Boeing aircraft fleets
- Must have working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs - from Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations) as they apply to transport category aircraft.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with commercial aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Familiarity with the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process
- Familiarity with MSG-3 and associated maintenance system concept on transport category aircraft
- Familiarity with the FAA Airworthiness Directive (AD) process and rules governing disposition
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, preferably those created by Boeing, Airbus and Douglas. Should also be familiar with the documents needed to routinely maintain commercial aircraft: Structural Repair Manual (SRM), Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), etc.
- Ability and experience to create engineering details, assemblies, and installation drawings using AutoCAD/Inventor. The candidate should already understand standard engineering drawing convention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The Employee is frequently required to Works within a manufacturing office setting and is occasionally exposed to heat, cold wet, and fumes/chemicals. The Employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 15 pounds and comply with OSHA standards. The environment characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis- Aircraft Services
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran