over 2 years ago
AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to the worldwide commercial aerospace and government/defense industries. AAR combines a close-to-the-customer business model with a broad menu of capabilities to help customers operate more efficiently, lower costs and maintain high levels of quality, safety and service. We are a financially stable, dedicated partner with an enduring commitment to innovation, execution, continuous improvement and customer value. At AAR we are committed to doing it right, and we have built our core values based on that premise.
* Ensure that AAR is receiving the best overall price and continues to build strong relationships with the company vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review requisitions, purchase orders and vouchers for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
* Confer with management in determining needs and delivery schedules.
* Obtain oral and/or written quotations from vendors.
* Analyze specifications and determine the best source for procurement of commodities.
* Expedite purchase orders.
* Develop a strong relationship with all vendors and ensure that AAR is getting the best possible price.
* Get quotes on goods, services and parts to determine if AAR is receiving the best possible price.
* Solicit bids, analyze those quotes and recommend to Management who is the best overall vendor, looking at price, reputations, etc.
* May coach other Buyers.
* Travel is required.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Commitment to company values and ethics
* Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
* Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
* Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared Communication
* Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
* Negotiating skills: must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive
* Creativity: makes constructive suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, vacation and personal/sick plan, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth. Our newly remodeled Wood Dale office also has an on-site cafeteria and fitness center.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have previous corporate buying experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
* The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting.
* Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
AAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.