5 months ago
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Keeps records of usage and time intervals between inspection, inspection projections, and maintenance of designated airplane parts
* Compiles data from flight schedules, aircraft records, including historical records, and computes and posts amount of time airplanes and individual parts are in use daily; includes the tracking of TBO and inspection intervals of aircraft components as well as posting in historical/status records, as appropriate, of completed component inspection/repair/replacement
* Maintains electronic database or card file for individual parts with notations of time used and facts taken from inspection records
* Notifies Director of Maintenance (DoM), Inspectors Aircraft (IA), and Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) mechanics when components, system, and aircraft approach date/time for inspection/TBO, including accumulated time
* Coordinates with logistics organization to ensure replacement components, inspection kits, and other material are on hand when TBO/inspection interval arrives in order to minimize aircraft downtime
* Records work notations onto inspection report and discrepancy reports forms as applicable
* Prepares reports on schedule delays caused by mechanical difficulties to be filed with appropriate organization(s)
* Maintains/reports contract related metrics and other metrics used for managing the program/project
* Reports on amounts of consumables (POL) used daily
* Ensures historical data is accurate and in accordance with prescribed guidelines and verifies that all data in support of the final analytical investigation report is in the completed work package
* Answers inquiries from available historical and/or statistical files relating to aircraft and/or component failures
* Sets up and maintains a variety of analytical investigations statistical and historical files as outlined by office procedures
* Assists in answering telephone, takes messages, gives general information to customers, as required
* Operates a personal computer terminal with a visual display unit and printer. Works with the M3 system - coordinates maintenance actions with the Logistical organization and BSI system
* Performs routine data entry and query functions to call up coded information/data from the assigned database(s)
* Queries the automated systems, enters standard codes, dates, commands, and makes adjustments/corrections, and inputs similar information to respond to computer generated prompts
* Uses functional workstation instruction manual for such functions as sign-on and sign-off the system, correct error conditions, locate appropriate files, and similar tasks
* Prepares standard and recurring reports and obtains data from files or data bases as requested
* Makes distribution of reports, historical and/or statistical packages to requesting activities, attaching backup material, and assuring all procedures are met
* Update and edit spreadsheet to provide statistics
* Train other persons in records keeping processes and procedures
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Extensive Worldwide travel required
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School Diploma. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
* Minimum 4 to 6 years experience.
* Experience with the M3 system & BSI systems a plus.
* Experience working with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Experience maintaining database systems including both electronic and hardcopy filing systems.
* Knowledge of standard office policies & procedures.
* Knowledge & ability to operate office equipment including e-mail, fax, copy machines.
* Ability to operate a personal computer terminal with a visual display unit and printer.
* Teamwork and communication skills to ensure coordination of maintenance actions within organization.
* Experience creating, working, and manipulating various spreadsheets including MS Excel.
* Excellent computer skills including skills in database management & record keeping.
* Skilled in word processing/typing.
* Military aircraft records keeping background preferred
* This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.