5 months ago
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Performs aircraft and assembly inspections (including power plant, materials, parts and subassemblies) which consist of, but are not limited to, workmanship and conformance to drawings and/or process instructions; and ensuring all related paperwork is completed
* Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with SNC and manufacturer's inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations
* Review the aircraft and engine log books at all checks and list all pilot reports and deferred maintenance items on appropriate work cards
* Perform required inspection functions during all checks such as airframe and engine inspections called out on routine work cards; perform buy-back inspections on major items or non-routine work items; sign off log book, pilot reports and deferred maintenance items upon completion of work
* Inspect component exchanges covered by work cards during other maintenance functions
* Certify the aircraft airworthiness after an inspection by signing the aircraft release
* Ensure that all inspections are performed as required of all scheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications or component changes to ensure that approved equipment and materials are being utilized and high standards of workmanship are being attained
* Record all discrepancies found on non-routine work cards or as otherwise specified in various sections of the aircraft maintenance manual
* Submit recommendations for the elimination of recurrent mechanical deficiencies determined during aircraft inspection procedures and the elimination of unnecessary maintenance procedures as determined by practical experiences
* Monitor all aircraft inspections record forms which are utilized in aircraft checks to ensure proper completion of all entries
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours, and work all shifts
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School Diploma plus FAA Inspection Authorization License
* Minimum 5 to 10 years experience
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.