5 months ago
Sr Aerospace Engineer
**THIS POSITION IS NOW ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS**
L3 Applied Defense Solutions currently has an opening for a Senior Aerospace Engineer in Chantilly, VA.
The Sr Aerospace Engineer lead a dynamic software engineering team developing cutting edge analysis and decision support tools. The aerospace engineer will support software development for ongoing J2EE development projects, to be responsible for developing astrodynamics-based solutions using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies, and to perform evaluations of COTS/GOTS/Open Source software products from business and technical perspectives.
* 10+ years of experience performing astrodynamics modeling, simulation, and analysis.
* 10 years of experience using astrodynamics modeling tools including COTS (STK, ODTK, FreeFlyer), GOTS (GMAT, USAF Astro Standards), open source (Orekit), or custom software (e.g. MATLAB, Python).
* 7 years of experience with satellite or spacecraft operations.
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field.
* Demonstrated experience with scripting languages to automate astrodynamic computations (MATLAB, Perl, VBScript).
* Ability to perform in a high intensity, quick reaction environment.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance.
* Experience with working with a software development team.
* Experience with specific astrodynamics tasks such as orbit determination, trajectory design and maneuver planning, attitude determination and control, or conjunction assessment and collision avoidance.
* Experience working in an operational environment and timelines – supporting anomaly resolution teams.
* Experience in operating spacecraft in all orbital regimes (LEO, HEO, GEO).
* Experience with space mission concept studies or spacecraft system engineering.
* Software development skills and experience using Java, C/C++, Python, .NET, or coding languages.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required
Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Division - Advanced Programs-20000022
Team Leader / Supervisor
Sep 24, 2018, 8:32:53 PM