about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10562
Location: US - Connecticut - Middlefield
Functional Area: Finance
Division: MMA - Ultra Precision Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
As a member of Zygo Corporation’s Finance department, this position is responsible for managing various monthly and quarterly close and consolidation processes, maintaining and updating Sarbanes - Oxley documentation and performing self-assessment testing, and overseeing and supporting other general accounting functions and activities.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant is also responsible for:
• Ensuring revenue recognition compliance with the new accounting standard (ASC 606).
• Recording of consolidating entries and reconciliations of inter-company and investment accounts.
• Preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and other consolidated deliverables, and loading of financial data and schedules into parent financial system (Hyperion Financial Management).
• Providing consolidated schedules and audit support to internal and/or external auditors for annual audits.
• Partnering with business units, including international units, to provide support for close and reporting activities.
• Sarbanes – Oxley documentation and testing in accordance with parent guidelines.
• Assisting in the implementation and communication of new accounting practices and policies.
Education and Experience:
Position requires a B.S. with a concentration in Accounting and a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably with a mix of private and public experience. Consolidations experience and internal/external audit and/or Sarbanes-Oxley experience is required.
The position requires excellent EXCEL and written and oral communication skills. A strong understanding of U.S. GAAP is desired. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.