3 months ago
The Helicopter Business Unit is in search of a candidate who is responsible for supporting the coordination, review, maintenance, and revision of all technical configuration data and documentation within the business unit. The Configuration Control Specialist works with other business unit personnel including Engineering, Operations, Quality, Materiel and Customer Service to ensure that all technical data is maintained and used appropriately to ensure proper configuration of all components and end units.
The successful candidate implements, maintains and continuously improves configuration control systems, procedures, data and training to ensure that all end units and components are overhauled or repaired to the current proper and preferred configuration and specifications as required by the OEM, Regulatory Agencies, the Customer, and StandardAero. The Configuration Control Specialist will work to ensure the systems and procedures maintain accurate unit configuration and technical documentation records, aid in the efficient performance of inspection, shop, engineering, supply and quality activities.
• Implements and maintains configuration control and engineering data, systems or processes relating to technical documentation, documentation records, shop routings, bills of material, alternate parts, unit build standards, master bills, Production Management System (PMS) parts information, etc.
• Owns and maintains master files for model codes, PMS unit codes, work centre, machine codes, PMS part codes, cell codes and other product line master files
• Distributes, updates, and tracks all technical documentation and coordinates the review of technical documents with engineering staff.
• Provides training for configuration control systems or procedures as required to business unit personnel.
• Develops and maintains work instructions relevant to the performance of configuration control activities on the business unit.
• Collaborates with all StandardAero Configuration Control Specialists and the Central Configuration Control group to identify problems, opportunities, enhancements and continuous improvements to the configuration control and engineering systems.
• Provides support as part of the CCS team for the development and maintenance of corporate configuration control and engineering systems and documentation.
• Troubleshoots configuration control issues.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• College diploma in a field of engineering technology; quality control, computer programming, systems analyst, mathematics or an equivalent of several years of experience in an inspection or quality role associated with technical documentation.
• Previous experience managing product data configuration within a database, MRP or ERP system.
• Experience with working with Bills of Materials.
• Strong organizational, analytical, decision making, and planning skills.
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer proficiency.
• Knowledge of records management, documentation control and configuration control practices is an asset.