4 months ago
Specialist, Analysis/Systems Engineering
Location : US-AL-Huntsville
Job ID : 12626
Zip : 35806
Category : Engineering - Systems Engineering
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense, strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Systems Engineering Specialist to join our growing Huntsville, AL location.
Without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignments, performs in a largely independent role for the Systems Engineering organization. Typical responsibilities will include:
* Planning, conducting, and providing technical Systems Engineering direction on projects or major phases of significant project assignment, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects. Requires the use of advanced Systems Engineering techniques in management of requirements and risk for developing rocket propulsion systems.
* Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
* Representing the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
* May direct, coordinate and review the work of a small staff of engineers and/or technicians; estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date. Or, as individual researcher or staff specialist may be assisted on projects by other engineers or technicians.
* Develops solutions to complex systems engineering problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity. Work is reviewed at extended intervals for desired results and achievement. Contacts include interacting with team leadership and customer personnel on technical matters often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignments:
60% - Develops systems, subsystem, and component requirements for liquid and solid rocket propulsion systems product development. Responsible for derivation, allocation, and documentation of requirements in requirements database and specifications. Coordinates requirements and related specification change management with IPT members. Defines and coordinates requirements verification plans with integrated product team members, plans and manages compliance assessment and certification.
15% - Performs functional analysis and coordinates system trade studies. Coordinates selection of optimized concept baselines through benefit/cost trades in support of definition of system architecture and objectives.
15% - Coordinates project risk and opportunity assessment and management and prepares and reports results on mitigation plans.
10% - Communicates results in oral presentations and written communication.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Systems Engineering (or related discipline), and a minimum of nine (9) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in solid rocket motor and liquid rocket engine development, systems engineering & integration, verification and test. Demonstrated leadership competency with strong technical and team-working skills required. Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential. Advanced degree desirable. Coursework in Systems Engineering disciplines (requirements and risk management, product development cycle) and rocket propulsion strongly desired. Experience with DOORS or equivalent requirements management software preferred.
Must be willing and able to travel domestically as needed.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Software Powered by iCIMS