8 months ago
Special Cargo Analyst
2 years ago(11/29/2016 1:41 PM)
# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
Performs and/or supervises contract personnel’s performance of duties relating to the loading/unloading of aircraft and cargo handling. Ensures that aircraft and cargo handling meet all company and governmental policies and regulations and that customers receive quality service.
* Monitors and/or performs aircraft loading/unloading plans, employee and contractor safety, HAZMAT placement and reporting and pallet build-up. Identifies and rectifies problems.
* Analyzes necessary information to determine load plans.
* Complies information and calculates weight and balance.
* Reviews Special Loads requests documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness and corrects inaccurate and/or incomplete information. Communicates with Marketing or Customers to resolve any issues.
* Maintains current passport and travels to off-line stations.
* Ensures safety of company aircraft and crews by:
* ensuring proper loading, including nets, straps and locks;
* ensuring HAZMAT is handled correctly on special Loads.
* Develops and distributes load plans and tie down plans.
* Determines aircraft weight and balance.
* Adheres to company and governmental safety and other applicable regulations and procedures.
* Completes and/or maintains company reports, messages, files, logs and forms and ensures that necessary paperwork for Special Loads is completed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school or equivalent work experience.
* Applies understanding of aircraft positions and heights and aircraft weight limitations.
* Applies comprehensive knowledge of operating equipment.
* Knows and adheres to company operating and safety policies, operations, processes and procedures appropriate to the job.
* Understands and uses air freight and flight terminology and processes.
* Airline cargo and ground handling experience is required.
* Airline weight and balance is required.
* Proof of IATA/ICAO hazardous material experience is required.