about 1 month ago
Spacecraft Audio Systems and Electronics Engineer
Houston, TX US
CACI is looking for Spacecraft Audio Systems and Electronics Engineer to work with NASA space vehicle systems in support of our Nation’s space program at NASA / Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX. Candidates should have great interest in audio technology, circuit design, and electronics, enjoy working with hardware and software, have had an outstanding academic career, and most of all, possess a great passion to contribute to our Nation’s exploration of space.
This work involves development and life-cycle support of audio electronics hardware and software systems for spacecraft. This audio systems and electronics engineer will support anomaly resolution of the existing International Space Station audio system and audio systems engineering, development and testing of all major human spaceflight programs. The individual will also support development of new systems for future programs including the next generation spacesuit, i.e., the Exploration Extravehicular Mobility Unit (xEMU), and the Artemis Program (the former Gateway Lunar Program), that will take humans back to the moon.
The candidate should have experience in many of the following areas: audio circuit and printed circuit board design, audio equipment and software usage, acoustics and sound / audio measurement, standard test equipment, network communications and protocols, particularly Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills who will have NASA interface responsibility with spacecraft development organizations. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, and be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise. Finally, the most qualified candidate will be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner, must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program, and share in the excitement of developing audio systems for the next human-rated space vehicles and habitats.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Electronics design and development for audio systems used in spacecraft or space systems.
• Digital and analog circuit and electronics analysis.
• Anomaly resolution and root cause analysis.
• Audio system design, development, integration, evaluation, and testing
• Interface with major Aerospace Companies contracted to design and deliver spacecraft and space systems to NASA.
• Troubleshooting audio system issues during development and operations, i.e., gain, echo, feedback, noise, etc.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident for access to USG Facilities.
• B.S. in Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines required plus a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
• Audio circuit design, e.g., microphone, pre-amp, speaker amp, summing circuits, filters, etc.
• Digital and analog circuit design and analysis including SPICE circuit simulation,
• Printed circuit board design
• Schematic capture, preferably Altium
• Network communications and VoIP (IP, UDP, RTP, TCP, etc., protocols) and Wireshark usage
• Test equipment usage (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, audio analyzers, function generators, power supplies, etc.
• Acoustics, psychoacoustics, and sound / audio measurement (microphone / speaker sensitivity, reverb time, overall sound pressure, 1/n octave band, distortion, etc.) – Highly Desired
• Audio equipment and software usage (equalizers, cross-overs, amplifiers, Audacity, etc., - Highly Desired
• Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
• Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
• Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• M.S. in Electrical Engineering with focus on electronics and circuitry analysis and development is a significant plus.
• Programming in C/C++, Python, Java/Java Script, WebRTC, HTML in a Linux OS environment.
• FPGA design (VHDL)
• Digital Signal Processing.
• BlueTooth device operation and protocol
• SoundCheck audio test software
• COMSOL Multiphysics familiarity, specifically the Acoustics and Structural Analysis modules
• Speech recognition systems including Natural Language Processing (NLP), speech-to-text and text-to-speech
• Familiarity with Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Familiarity with CCSDS data formats
• Familiarity with human-rated spacecraft and audio systems for them.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.