2 months ago
Space Vehicle Electrical Power Systems (EPS) Engineer
Req #: 222613
Location: Houston, TX US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: None
CACI is looking for an experienced Space Vehicle Electrical Power System (EPS) Engineer to work with electrical power systems and battery development for space flight. This engineering position involves requirements development and assessment, architecture development, design analysis, testing and integration, and technical oversight of spacecraft EPS with particular focus on new battery and charger development for future spacesuit systems. This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner. The individual must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program and share in the excitement of developing the next generation of human-rated space vehicles and flight hardware.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Job responsibilities include:
* Support development for space system projects related to but not limited to battery charge/discharge systems for Li-Ion batteries.
* Develop and implement circuit design, participate in test and verification, and operation of the as-built hardware.
* Provide in-depth oversight of projects and develop requirements for the battery interfaces.
* Review and analyze vehicle Electrical Power Distribution and Control data.
* Research and analyze power system problems and performance utilizing schematics and software tools.
* Represent NASA EPS System Engineers in control boards and Problem Resolution Team meetings.
* Review and resolve on-orbit anomalies of EPCE and distribution systems.
* Review problem resolution documents for power systems and flight hardware.
* Interface with prime contractor EPS System engineers.
* Support development and review of EPS requirement specifications
* Review electrical design of power supplies.
* Review drawing changes.
* Schedule and track hardware through fabrication process.
* Support EPS Test and Verification (T&V) activities including test procedure development and review, hardware troubleshooting, and hardware/software integration.
* Schedule and supervise testing.
* Review Verification Closure Notices (VCN’s)
* Provide disposition of discrepancy reports (troubleshooting and problem resolution).
* Interface with NASA and contractor engineering teams.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen for access to USG facilities.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering required, or Computer Engineering with strong EPS background.
* Entry level to two years of related experience in vehicle power systems.
* Strong technical and analytical skills.
* Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
* Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
* Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* M.S. in Electrical Engineering.
* Experience with software such as Altium, LabVIEW, and Graphite
* Experience with the EPS of the International Space Station and/or other current NASA human space flight vehicles or space flight hardware.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.